This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he always thought the garden was his. Even though I do all the work, he always stood by me. I'm located near Boston (in USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot and a backyard vegetable garden. I use sustainable organic methods and try to grow all of my family's vegetables.

Friday, March 14, 2008

garlic topsets

garlic topsets
garlic sprouts

I took my macro lens out to check on the garlic top sets I planted last fall. They are growing and there are lots of them, but they sure are tiny. Looks like they will take a couple years to make a bulb.

garlic (Allium sativum)



Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, how are last year's garlic topsets doing? I just planted a whole bunch in my garden, just to see what would happen. I also found an article on "true seeds in garlic;" very interesting.
- Marty

March 26, 2009 1:22 PM

Blogger kathy said...

A really interesting article! Thanks.

I haven't pulled back the mulch to check my garlic yet. Maybe tomorrow. I hope they make cloves this year. I'll do a new post soon.

March 26, 2009 4:14 PM

Blogger Linda said...

I have some topsets I saved from last year... how did your do???

January 29, 2011 9:18 PM


Post a Comment

<< Home

your ad here

Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct

garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden