This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

sunlight and shadows

sun saucer
path glowing branches
In late February, the sunlight is becoming beautiful. Even early in the morning it is bright and happy. I tried to find the best way to photograph it. Is it shadows or shine or refracted colors that capture it best? Whatever, its starting to feel nice.

sill

6 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

I love this site, yesterday I put down a bid for a plot in my community garden here in portland. Thanks for all the info!

February 21, 2008 11:30 AM

 
Blogger notsocrafty.com said...

Nice shots, I love the planter, where did you get it?

February 21, 2008 11:50 AM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

Do you mean the one with the orchid in it? I got it at Home Depot. That poor orchid - I was starting to re pot it last summer and got distracted and never finished. Its just sitting bare-root in the big pot. It doesn't seem to mind, so I haven't rushed to finish the job.

February 21, 2008 12:44 PM

 
Blogger gintoino said...

Beautiful photos! Do you know the name of that orchid? Its lovely.

February 21, 2008 4:09 PM

 
Blogger carletongardener said...

Its a great Laeliocattleya called "Trick or Treat". An old variety that blooms very reliably on every new shoot. My favorite orchid.

February 21, 2008 5:59 PM

 
Blogger Leslie said...

Lovely colors ... it FEELS like winter sunlight

March 05, 2008 12:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden