Monday, July 02, 2007

seven things meme

Wow! 7 random things about us? Skippy and I got tagged in the 7 things meme (by both Ali at Henbogle and Marc at Garden Desk and and we need to list 7 random things about us. You can skip right to the next blog now, before you read on. Its your last chance....

The problem is, it seems most people aren't doing random things (like my favorite color is ...).

Oh well, here goes.

1. My favorite color is blue. (Skippy likes bright yellow. I think. He steals those yellow golf balls.)

2. I went to school for 22 years (I guess it takes some people longer than others...) and I have been married for 27 years. Where do the years go?

3. I have a 14 year old son, a 2 year old dog, 2 sisters, 1 brother, 4 nieces and 3 nephews.

4. I work as a consultant on my patio with my buddy Skippy to analyze data for medical research labs. Its amazing how much virtual research one can do these days.

5. I have lived in Florida (North Palm Beach, Palm Beach Gardens and Lake Park) and eastern and western Massachusetts. That's about it.

6. I don't think it could ever get too hot or too sunny for me. Who knows why I live so far north...

7. My son named Skippy after a Legendary Frog.com cartoon (The One Ring to Rule them All 3). He wanted to name him Snoopy or Odie and I didn't like those names. I wanted to name him Charlie or Jake, and he didn't like those names. We finally agreed on Skippy. In the cartoon, Sauron says to Melcor "If it weren't for you, I'd probably have a good job and a nice little house in the suburbs and a picket fence and little dog names Skippy. Well, that sounds like us!

I think many gardeners have done this meme already. Please don't feel you need to participate. I will tag some of my old favorite and newly found garden bloggers: (I'll eventually add all seven and notify them but this may take me a few days - I'm on vacation!)

- Patrick at Bifurcated Carrots and Root Cause.
- Dr Mom at The Back Quarter Acre.
- Greg at Utah Valley Gardens.
-Tyra at Tyras Trädgård / Tyras Garden.

If you'd like to participate, here are the rules that I copied from Marc at Garden Desk who copied them from Tracy at Outside:

Here are the rules:
Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to then report this on their own blog with their 7 random facts as well as these rules. They then need to tag 7 others and list their names on their blog. They are also asked to leave a comment for each of the tagged, letting them know they have been tagged and to read the blog.

3 comments:

Doctor Mom said...

I'm up for it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag!

Since we did something like it before a few months ago, I think that was enough for me. I don't think I'll do it a second time.

Sometimes I wonder why I live so far north too. Before I moved to Amsterdam, I lived in California for 10 years (working on my 4 year degree). Why did I give up all that sunshine!

kathy said...

Ahh sunshine... I'm on my way outside now to dig in the dirt and enjoy the sun.