Sunday, July 15, 2007

chili peppers are ripening!

pepper 1 pepper 2 pepper 3
Looking good! These are the hot chili peppers I grew from seed this spring. The package included a mix of five different varieties. I raised nearly 100 seedlings, gave most away and kept about 30 myself. They are in a patch next to my tomatoes and some are tucked in between my perennials. Looks like I can get my chili recipe out and start warming up the frying pan soon. Poppers... pickled martini peppers... salsa... yummy.

Capsicum

3 comments:

Connie said...

I love chili peppers and grow several varieties, as well. You sound like me... I probably give away more plants than I actually grow, ha. Really enjoy your blog and am adding you to my "Blogs I like to Visit" list.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I've been checking out your blog just about everyday, waiting to see how your garden is growing. I'm going to start believing that I should be a gardener soon - all of your stuff loves soooo great (except the virus infected stuff, of course). Those tomato plants are unbelievable. Just about EVERYTHING is unbelievable. Keep it up with the pictures - they make me feel like I actually AM walking thru a garden without ever leaving my chair!

kathy said...

Thanks for leaving comments! I'm glad you are enjoying my garden too.