This is a journal of my vegetable gardens. Skippy was my first dog and he thought the garden was his, even though I did all the work. But Skippy always stood by me and was a great friend. Now Suzie and Charley follow in his footsteps and garden with me. We're located near Boston (USDA zone 6A). I have a community plot, a backyard vegetable garden, fruit trees and berry bushes, chickens and bees. I use sustainable organic methods and do my best to grow all of my family's vegetables myself.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

My dad's garden


I photographed my dad's garden in the heat of the day yesterday. Even so, it looks great. Lots of lettuce in straight rows. He'll be harvesting the beans soon. And there's a great squash (8-ball zucchini) ready for harvest. He also has rhubarb, basil, tomatoes and beets. (Did I forget anything, Dad?). He's in northeastern Massachusetts - zone 5b.

my dad's garden

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home















your ad here

    kathy@skippysgarden.com


Irrigation Direct Drip irrigation kits from Irrigation Direct













garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden garden